About Village Hall
Village Hall is located in the Municipal Building at 120 E. Progress Street, Arthur IL 61911.
Village Hall is open for business Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., except for legal holidays.
- New Year's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
The telephone number for Village Hall is 217-543-2927. The Fax number is 217-543-3714.
Village Board Meetings are held the first and third Monday's of each month. If there is a public holiday on the Monday, the meeting will be held the next day on Tuesday.
All meetings are held in the Board Room, located in the Village Municipal Building, 120 E. Progress Street, Arthur IL 61911 unless otherwise posted.
Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted.
You may either call or come in to Village Hall and ask to be placed on the agenda. Requests should be made by noon on the Thursday prior to the requested meeting.
The Community Room may be rented by calling the Municipal Office at 217-543-2927 or by coming into the office itself. Reservations are made on a first come first served basis. Reservations are accepted up to a year in advance. All reservations require a signed lease agreement. For further information or availability of dates, please contact the Municipal Office.
All requests to inspect, copy, or certify public records must be submitted to the Village in writing and in English. The Village of Arthur encourages Requestors to submit their requests on the convenient form provided by the Village. This form is available at Village Hall and on this website.
- The Requestor's name;
- Either the Requestor's mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number;
- A description of the public records requested;
- A statement of purpose, indicating whether the Requestor intends to use the records, or the information derived from those records, for sale, resale, solicitation, or advertisement for sales or services;
- A statement of whether the Requestor is, or represents, news media or a non-profit, scientific or academic organization; and
- A statement of whether the principal purpose of the Request is either (i) to access and disseminate information concerning news and current or passing events, (ii) for articles of opinion or features of interest to the public, or (iii) academic, scientific or public research or education.
Your request should be directed to:
Freedom of Information Officer
The Village of Arthur
120 E. Progress Street
PO Box 139
Arthur IL 61911-0139
Facsimile: (217) 543-3714
e-mail: [email protected]