Tentative agendas will be available at least 48 hours prior to the meeting time. Minutes of the meeting will be made available within 7 days after they are approved by the Board of Trustees.
Village of Arthur
Public Meeting Rules
All visitors must sign in prior to the start of the Village Board meeting time at 7:00 p.m. Those visitors who acknowledge that they wish to speak will do so in the order in which they sign in.
1. Any speaker should stand at the podium, identify themselves, and offer their comments to the board;
2. Speakers may offer their commentary only from the podium;
3. Speakers shall limit their commentary to three minutes;
4. Speakers must relate their comments to matter of Village business; and
5. Speakers must respect both the process of the public meeting and the authority of the Mayor as the presiding officer.
Village Board Meetings are held the first and third Monday's of each month. If there is a public holiday on the Monday, the meeting will be held the next day on Tuesday.
All meetings are held in the Board Room, located in the Village Municipal Building, 120 E. Progress Street, Arthur IL 61911 unless otherwise posted.
Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted.
In 2009, the Illinois General Assembly enacted significant changes to the Open Meetings Act. Per Public Act 96-542, effective January 1, 2010, every public body is required to designate one or more officials or employees to receive training on compliance with the Open Meetings Act (5 ILCS 120/1 et seq.).
The Village of Arthur designated Mayor Rod Randall and Deputy Clerk/Comptroller Erica Carter as the designees to receive and complete training on compliance with the Open Meetings Act. Designees must complete an annual electronic training program with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.